Roles and responsibilitiesExperiance: 3-7 Years
PURPOSE: To contribute as a programmer on application development, enhancements, maintenance and support activities for multiple applications across all SDLC phases.
JOB TITLE: Software Engineer Team: ALMT-IT Matisse/ILMS
REPORTS TO: (desg) PM NO. OF REPORTEES: 0
EXPERIENCE: 3 5 yrs QUALIFICATION: Engineering Degree or Equivalent
Minimum 3 yrs. experience in creating applications using Java, Servlets/JSP, JDBC, XML
Strong analytical and communication skills
Java 1.6+ / J2EE (EJB, Web Services, Servlet, JMS)
Experience of software project life cycle.
Experience on ExtJS
Experience with application deployment (App Server and DB Server) using automated build and packaging tools (Ant, Maven, Makefile, etc.).
Experience with Eclipse IDE and at least one Application Server (Web Logic, Web Sphere, JBoss).
Database programming skills (SQL queries with joins, Stored Procedures, Functions) and understanding of Database Schema (Constraints, Index, etc.) is required.
Very strong programming skills to efficiently output high quality code using best practices and Java/J2EE design patterns.
Experience in technical analysis, designing and modeling n-tier applications with multiple integrations using object-oriented.
Good experience in identifying modules/components for independent development and estimating effort and schedule.
Ability to analyze functional requirements and propose multiple solution approaches.
To take ownership of modules or entire application and work independently or within a team to accomplish delivery deadlines through dedication, commitment and hard work.
Ability to quickly learn new technologies (languages, frameworks, tools) is a must.
Self-motivated, good interpersonal skills and inclination to constantly upgrade on new technologies and frameworks.
Experience on at least two software development project with involvement in all the phases of SDLC.
Good communication skills.
IT experience in Finance domain.
Knowledge of Unix shell/ Perl scripting or basic Unix commands
Experience in working in Onsite-Offshore environment.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / CRITICAL TASKS:
1. Application designing / development / testing / support / enhancements / bug-fixing.
2. Interact with functional and technical representatives of project teams in order to understand business functionalities, technical modules, integration mechanism and data sources.
3. Prepare test plans and conduct Unit, Integration, Regression, Performance and Functional Testing.
4. Contribute to the technical designing phase and document the design with UML diagrams and models. Create prototype for proof of concept and business requirements validations.
5. Participate in peer code reviews and peer modules testing.
6. Report progress and escalate issues to the Team Lead.
7. Ensuring that the project and organization standards are followed during various phases of software development life-cycle and day to day development work.
8. Estimate efforts and schedule for various modules and meet deadlines.
9. Technical and Release Documentation.
10. Deployment of system components - Application, Shell Scripts and Databases.
11. Acquire skills in relevant technologies and take up higher responsibilities
12. Develop resourceful approaches to solving technical problems
13. Being aware of new technologies and frameworks.
14. Train others (wherever required) in order to ensure knowledge sharing and backup. Mentor junior team members on the technology & processes front.
15. Should be open to travel to onsite
Perks and BenefitsAttractive
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Desired Candidate Profile
Russell Tobin Associates Staffing Solutions India Pvt Ltd
Contact Company:Russell Tobin Associates Staffing Solutions India Pvt Ltd